Concord Historical Society Research Center
1721 Amador Avenue, Concord CA
P.O. Box 404, Concord, CA 94522
Ph: (925) 827-3380 Resource Center
Hours: Tuesdays 1-4 pm and by appointment
The Concord Historical Society, which was founded in 1970, reopened their resource center last November in a new space, the second floor adjacent to the Concord History Museum. The historic building was the Concord Masonic building that the society acquired and moved to the same location as their Galindo home which is also open for viewing on most Sundays from 1-4 pm.
Their resource center has many file cabinets full of clipping files on subjects such as businesses, early history, family histories, naval weapons station, organizations, schools, and transcribed oral histories. School folders were found in a couple of drawers, including class photographs.
Also catalogued are photos, photo albums, maps, and posters. Artifacts include such items as business journals and records, city council meeting minutes, school books, Girl Scout items, and Galindo family papers.
In the book category, they had histories of the Concord area, Concord city directories, and high school yearbooks. They also have VHS tapes of oral histories and other activities of the society.