Who Are We?
The Contra Costa County Genealogical Society (CCCGS) is engaged in helping its members research and trace their family trees and to advance the best practice principles of genealogy.
Located in the San Francisco East Bay Area, we bring the California spirit to promote genealogical research and to provide educational experiences on the tools and techniques that lead to discovery and breakthroughs. We welcome people of all genealogical skill levels from beginning to advanced.
The CCCGS is one of the few genealogical societies in the area that holds meetings in the evenings allowing those who work to attend and participate. Our meeting presenters are experts in myriad topics related to genealogy and are eager to share their knowledge with our members and guests who attend free of charge.
We were founded in 1975 and are a non-profit organization. We are not affiliated with any political or religious organization.
Operating Year: January - December 2021
Board of Directors
|1st Vice President Programs:
||Ms. Judy McGriff
|2nd Vice President Membership:
||Mrs. Judie Palmer
These evening meetings feature a guest presenter on a genealogy topic and are free to both members and the public.
Time and Date: 6:30 - 8:00 p.m. 2nd Thursday of January, February, March, April, May, June, July, September, November
Address: Until further notice, meetings are online via Zoom.
These evening meetings provide opportunities to do research using databases at the Concord Family History Center and to get help from knowledgeable mentors. These meetings are free to both members and the public. Note: these meetings are currently suspended due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- Time and Date: 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. 2nd Thursday of February, October
- Address: Concord Family History Center, 3700 Concord Blvd, Concord
Other Activities and Events
Monday Morning Roundtable
This is a group that meets weekly to share information on helpful genealogy research and to assist each other with their personal genealogy projects. The meetings take place via Zoom.
- Day and Time: Mondays at 10 a.m.
- Contact Lisa Gorrell at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to join
Annual Fall Seminar/Webinar
This popular event, usually held in October, features a professional from the genealogy field who conducts a deep-dive into a broad topic of interest. In 2021, the program will be presented online as a webinar.The webinar is open both to members and the public. It is fee-based with members charged a reduced rate.
Our monthly newsletter, Descendants, is published ten times per year (not in August or December) and is included with every Membership. You must be a member to receive or have access to the newsletter located in the Members Only section of this site. The newsletter covers a variety of topics including:
- President's Message
- Speaker guests for upcoming meetings and seminars
- Special interest stories
- Interviews and tips from genealogy experts, including our own member experts
- Event notices for local area, Northern California, and national genealogical societies
- News about technical updates and advancements with genealogy software and digital technology
- Contra Costa County research and historical information
- Notices and reviews of TV programs, books and webcasts related to genealogy