Submitted by Steve Stierwalt: Member since 2015
In 1946 after my Dad got out of the Army, he and his brother started their own wood shop making custom cabinets. Times were lean, so for my parents first Christmas he made my Mom a knick-knack shelf. Five children later, that corner shelf is seen way in the back of this photo. I now have the shelf as a beloved family heirloom.
Our Meetings and Events
These evening meetings feature a guest presenter on a genealogy topic and are free to both members and the public.
- Time and Date: 7 – 9 p.m. 2nd Thursday of January, March, April, May, June, July, September, November
- Address: LDS Building 1360 Alberta Way, Concord
These evening meetings provide opportunities to do research using databases at the Concord Family History Center and to get help from knowledgeable mentors. These meetings are free to both members and the public.
- Time and Date: 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. 2nd Thursday of February, October
- Address: Concord Family History Center, 3700 Concord Blvd, Concord
Monday Morning Roundtable
This is a group that gets together to discuss genealogy research and to help each other in their various efforts. It meets at the home of member, Susan Swindell.
- Time and Date: 9:30 – 11:30 a.m. (lunch at IHOP follows) 2nd Monday of each month
- Location: Contact Susan Swindell at Swindell@value.net for more information and her address.
Annual Fall Seminar
This popular all-day event, held in October, features a professional from the genealogy field who conducts a deep-dive into a broad topic of interest. A raffle and book sale are part of the event. The seminar is open both to members and the public. It is fee-based with members charged a reduced rate.
Our monthly newsletter, Descendants, is published eleven times per year (not in August) and is included with every membership. You must be a member to receive or have access to the newsletter located in the Members Only section of this site. Feedback, ideas and suggestions for the newsletter are welcomed at Newsletter@cccgs.net