CCCGS Communications Committee
CCCGS Communications Committee Role
- Develop feature stories for our Descendants newsletter, provide content to our social media properties, and oversee content development on our website
- Produce publicity materials for the CCCGS
- Maintain and promote a uniform brand image on all digital and print assets of the CCCGS
- General editorial skills: ability to come up with story ideas, write engaging stories from researched content and/or copyedit existing content.
- Experience or interest in social media content development to help us increase our activity and engagement on Facebook and Instagram.
- Must be able to attend (via Zoom) monthly committee meetings, held on a Friday during the daytime lasting approximately 90 minutes.
- Must be willing to take the lead on approximately two newsletter stories a year. The time varies as the “lead” may be responsible for anything from reaching out to a professional genealogy content provider, to researching a topic of interest, or writing/copyediting existing content.
- Social media "leads" (two) will be responsible for approximately 8 posts per month and curating discussions on our two Facebook properties and Instagram. Other members of the committee are encouraged to post 3 to 5 times per month.
Note: You do not need to live in Contra Costa County (most committee members do not) nor be on the board. While meeting attendance is a requirement, the overall time commitment is flexible and reasonable for a volunteer. Assignments are based on the skillsets of our members.