Submitted by Sharon Harris: Member since 2015
My grandfather, James Cecil Beswick left his home in Warrington, England, bound for America with his best mate, Harry. They first lived in Chicago where James worked as a fine cabinet maker. He served in France during WWI, lived in Victoria, B.C. and ended up in California where he worked on the Caldecott tunnel. James went back to England to visit family when he met Hannah Till, the Ministry of Labour’s Chief Lady Clerk. Hannah traveled by ship and train to California and married James in Berkeley on May 22, 1926.
Our Meetings and Events
These evening meetings feature a guest presenter on a genealogy topic and are free to both members and the public.
- Time and Date: 7 – 9 p.m. 2nd Thursday of January, March, April, May, June, July, September, November
- Address: LDS Building 1360 Alberta Way, Concord
These evening meetings provide opportunities to do research using databases at the Concord Family History Center and to get help from knowledgeable mentors. These meetings are free to both members and the public.
- Time and Date: 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. 2nd Thursday of February, October
- Address: Concord Family History Center, 3700 Concord Blvd, Concord
Monday Morning Roundtable
This is a group that gets together to discuss genealogy research and to help each other in their various efforts. It meets at the home of member, Susan Swindell.
- Time and Date: 9:30 – 11:30 a.m. (lunch at IHOP follows) 2nd Monday of each month
- Location: Contact Susan Swindell at Swindell@value.net for more information and her address.
Annual Fall Seminar
This popular all-day event, held in October, features a professional from the genealogy field who conducts a deep-dive into a broad topic of interest. A raffle and book sale are part of the event. The seminar is open both to members and the public. It is fee-based with members charged a reduced rate.
Our monthly newsletter, Descendants, is published eleven times per year (not in August) and is included with every membership. You must be a member to receive or have access to the newsletter located in the Members Only section of this site. Feedback, ideas and suggestions for the newsletter are welcomed at Newsletter@cccgs.net