Submitted by Deb McNaughton: Member since 2016
This is a photo of my mother, Elizabeth London (1920-2015), in 1945. She was a Corporal in the Women's Army Corps during WWII and taught pilots how to fly using instruments. Here she is in a Link Trainer flight simulator. She always said serving in the WAC was one of the best times of her life.
Our Meetings and Events
These evening meetings feature a guest presenter on a genealogy topic and are free to both members and the public.
- Time and Date: 7 – 9 p.m. 2nd Thursday of January, March, April, May, June, September, October, November
- Address: LDS Building 1360 Alberta Way, Concord
These evening meetings provide opportunities to do research using databases at the Concord Family History Center and to get help from knowledgeable mentors. These meetings are free to both members and the public.
- Time and Date: 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. 2nd Thursday of February, July
- Address: Concord Family History Center, 3700 Concord Blvd, Concord
Monday Morning Roundtable
This is a group that gets together to discuss genealogy research and to help each other in their various efforts. It meets at the home of member, Susan Swindell.
- Time and Date: 9:30 – 11:30 a.m. (lunch at IHOP follows) 2nd Monday of each month
- Location: Contact Susan Swindell at Swindell@value.net for more information and her address.
Annual Fall Seminar
This popular all-day event, held in October, features a professional from the genealogy field who conducts a deep-dive into a broad topic of interest. A raffle and book sale are part of the event. The seminar is open both to members and the public. It is fee-based with members charged a reduced rate.
Our monthly newsletter, Descendants, is published eleven times per year (not in August) and is included with every membership. You must be a member to receive or have access to the newsletter located in the Members Only section of this site. Feedback, ideas and suggestions for the newsletter are welcomed at Newsletter@cccgs.net