Submitted by Deb McNaughton: Member since 2016
This is a photo of my mother, Elizabeth London (1920-2015), in 1945. She was a Corporal in the Women's Army Corps during WWII and taught pilots how to fly using instruments. Here she is in a Link Trainer flight simulator. She always said serving in the WAC was one of the best times of her life.
Click on the picture to be sent to our See's Candy Store Front
Our evening meetings, conducted via Zoom, showcase a guest presenter who delves into a compelling genealogical subject. Open to both members and the public, these sessions are free of charge with registration required for attendance. Visit the Events page for more information and registration links.
- Time and Date: 6:30 – 8:00 p.m. (Pacific Time) 2nd Thursday of each month (except August and December).
- Register for these Zoom meetings on the Events page.
Monday Morning Roundtable
These monthly Zoom meetings allow attendees to share valuable research findings and extend support to one another on their personal genealogy projects within a close-knit environment. and to assist each other with their personal genealogy projects.
- The Zoom meeting takes place the fourth Monday of each month at 10:00 a.m.
- Contact Lisa Gorrell at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Annual Fall Webinar
This popular event, usually held in October, features a professional from the genealogy field who conducts a deep-dive into a broad topic of interest. Note: Our 2023 event has been postponed until 2024.
Our newsletter, Descendants, is exclusively available to our valued members. Published ten times per year each issue covers an array of topics:
- Special interest stories, interviews, and research tips from genealogy specialists, including our own member experts
- Topic-driven photo essays featuring ancestral snapshots contributed by members
- Insights from our CCCGS president
- Research facilities in and around Contra Costa County
- Calendar of CCCGS hosted events
- Event notices for other genealogical societies in Northern California and national genealogical societies
- Feedback, ideas and suggestions for the newsletter are welcomed at Newsletter@cccgs.net
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram! (Click on the icons to check us out)
Engage in a conversation about genealogy with like-minded people in our Facebook Group. (Click on the icon to check us out)